I worked on rock formations. I think I might make more nodules to try and make more unique looking shapes.
I had a bit of trouble with the Boolean tool, leading me to try the modifier instead. Apparently, the issue was caused by non-manifold vertexes or something. I couldn’t quite wrap my head around fixing it either, so I spent too much time trying to fix it and, ultimately, just did the rock creases and cuts per-object, before joining the meshes together.
Much time was wasted. I’ll work more on this tomorrow.
I’ve gotten lots of work done since the last log. I got through the materials, environment setup, and now the lighting. I’m having trouble with lighting though, some of the settings are not available for me and it seems like the metrics are different.
The past few days were dedicated to simply that, with some interruption.
Today I rendered out the car scene (which took most of my day…) to a small .mp4 container for ease of viewing. I missed a couple of things (like the rim-lighting on the car being far too bright and having a massive radius) but it is what it is. I’ll probably improve it and move on with it on my own time.
After that, I screwed around a bit in Unreal Engine, then began the Cubic Worlds course.